- This event has passed.
Sisters Together – Diabetes Awareness
November 2, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Central Jersey Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Sisters Together Program is hosting a Diabetes Awareness Event. Diabetes is one of the most serious health problems that the African American community faces today. One of the main ways to address this growing issue is prevention. This starts with increasing awareness of the seriousness of diabetes to prevent complications, learning healthy eating habits and exercising.
Highlights of this event:
- Know your status by getting your A1C level tested by the Saint Peters Mobile Unit
- Take the Pre-Diabetes Screening Test to learn if you are at increased risk
- Learn how to change your habits with Steps to a Better Health
- Meet other women as we build our community to become more physically active and adopt healthy eating habits
- Light refreshments will be available
- Door prizes